Are you most comfortable behind the wheel? Great! Want to ditch the car? No problem. A multitude of easily navigable transportation options open you up to all that the area has to offer and beyond. Download a map of Fort Belvoir's public transportation options.
- I-286/Fairfax County Parkway
- Richmond Highway/Route 1 (goes through middle of post)
- Slug Lines On-Demand Carpooling
- Fairfax Connector routes 151, 159, 171, 231, 232, 301, 304, 305, 321, 322, 333, 334, 335, 371
- WMATA Metrobus route 11Y
- WMATA Richmond Highway Express Service
Metro and Virginia Railway Express
- Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (DCA; 2401 Smith Boulevard, Arlington, VA 22202)
- Washington Dulles International Airport (IAD; 1 Saarinen Cir, Dulles, VA 20166)
- Baltimore–Washington International Airport (BWI; 7035 Elm Road, Baltimore, MD 21240)
Typical Morning Commute Times
The DC Metro area is consistently ranked one of the most traffic-congested cities in the US. We've mapped out the average time it takes to commute to Fort Belvoir from several neighboring cities. When you live on post... you're already there!
- Fort Belvoir: 0 minutes
- Arlington, VA: 55 minutes
- Alexandria, VA: 55 minutes
- Dumfries, VA: 1 hour 5 minutes
- Fredericksburg, VA: 1 hour 25 minutes
- Kingstowne, VA: 40 minutes
- Lorton, VA: 35 minutes
- Stafford, VA: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Washington, DC: 1 hour 5 minutes
- Woodbridge, VA: 45 minutes
Commute times based on Google Map's estimate using a weekday morning 8:00 AM departure time.
The Villages at Belvoir has designed the Deployment Support Program to lend a helping hand to military family members who remain at home and to provide deployed spouses peace of mind while away. Program offerings include:
- Help with the Yard
- Help around the Home
- Community Support
- Home Watch Program
For more information, contact your community management office.
With an education option for every student, we're ideally located within the Fairfax County Public School system, which offers some of the top public schools in the nation, and close to a variety of private, charter, and Montessori schools.
- Belvoir Home Educators is a homeschool support group dedicated to supporting one another and enriching the lives of homeschooled children.
- School Support Services offers School Liaison Officers who provide students and families with the resources they need to successfully navigate educational transitions.
- Fairfax County Public Schools: Serving Fort Belvoir Housing
- Fairfax County Public Schools General Enrollment and Contact Information
- Brentwood Academy
- Buckman Rd KinderCare
- Capital Kids Inc
- Chesterbrook Academy Preschool
- Epiphany Weekday School
- Frog Pond Early Learning Center
- Hopkins House - McNeil Preschool Academy
- JoAnn Blanks Child Development Center
- Markham School Age Center
- Minnieland Academy of Gunston
- Minnieland Academy of Lorton
- Montessori School of Northern VA
- Northern Virginia Academy of Early Learning, Landsdowne II Campus
- North Post Child Development Center
- Potomac Crescent Waldorf School
- South Post Child Development Center
- The Nest Academy Learning Preschool
- The Vine Preschool
- Woodlawn Child Development Center
Private, Charter, and Montessori Schools